Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ALaW 2010 - Part Two

Now it's time to start thinking about ALaW 2010 'Second' Alphabet.

I was considering making the next alphabet in my primary medium which is clay, but the chance to break out of the norm....
A sneak peek at what I have in mind...

Recycled Teabags and my trusty ole' Singer Treadle Sewing Machine, given to me by my mother on my 16th Birthday. (The second alphabet definitely inspired by my Expressions of Love Exhibition in May at Main Street Gallery).

To get a head start last month I explored my options and had a play with some teabags to see if they fell into the 'chance happening' scenario, and to my delight they did!
Two teabags emptied flattened cut in half then placed together and sewn.....yipee 7 x 7 cm square, that was my answer. That was the easy bit, now to decide, what to, how to etc...hmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!