Sunday, January 24, 2010

Work in progress...toward a group exhibition in April, 2010

I've got alot on the go in the studio and each day I work on what feels right, for that day. Throwing on the wheel is not my strongest area when working with clay, but shear determination to master the skill is etched deep inside me since I first put hands to clay.

I am currently working on many projects, each taking priority of what is needed first. In April I am part of a group exhibition titled "Essence of Time" in Graydon Gallery, New Farm - Brisbane. In this exhibition I plan to exhibit my traditional 'Ancient' forms, most of which will be wheel thrown and assembled works, with hand-carved designs.
I don't usually photograph works in the raw stage...but I was really happy with how these came up, I felt they were worthy of a few shots...


3 spouted vessels in the raw 'leatherhard' stage

Detail of the hand carving, designs of ancient beasts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!