Monday, January 18, 2010

Rusty disks

Now I've got my duties done with the commissions....

I'm just itching to get into my rusty pile! My partner came home yesterday with some more treasures, yipee... Four gorgeous plow disks.

I had an old slab of weathered grey wood (from my last find) laying on a sleeper, just happened to lay the disks down onto it to see them individually as they are quiet heavy.

And pure spontaneous creation evolved, a totem sculpture in the making. I knew instantly how it is going to look, now all I need is to find the other piece to complete it.

Watch this space!

Well... I hope it comes to me sooner rather than later, when working with 'found' discarded objects you need to cultivate patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!