Monday, November 8, 2010

Wheels in Motion

Progress on 'Wheels in Motion' - I've been accumulating found objects and pieces associated with the wheel or circles since my first session of assembling back in September.
Yesterday I had a day of placement and welding. Within the piece there are segments that are 3D in nature, so I am nutting them out first and welding them together before I start to weld them into place.

Within these 3D segments I want to incorporate some form of movement using old wheelbarrow and pram wheels - in the image above both pram wheels move, and the image below gives you a visual of the 3D effect that's being created.

It's starting to look a little like the internal parts of a watch or a clock, on a grander scale, the piece measures 1.1mtr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!