Saturday, August 14, 2010

Collaborative w Enviro Scapes

At times I have the pleasure to work with my partner Glen in our Landscape business Enviro Scapes incorporating some of my sculptural elements into the designs. Glen has just completed an 'in house' Landscape installation display at Peregian Garden Centre of timber boarders, pavers & pebbles with an arbour and eloborate timber screen framing and finishing off the design.
You can see in the photo below Glen's design and the screen at the back of the arbour, this is where I will be adding my sculptural touch...
To give you an idea of what I plan on doing, I've decided to do a smaller version from one of our collaborative efforts some five years ago at the Chateau Royale Beach Resort, Cotton Tree.
We were contracted to do a landscape garden design for the grounds and were also asked to come up with an idea to hide an unsightly window at the front entrance. We put our heads together and come up with this idea...
A stylised climber made of barb wire with foliage, leaves and budded rosesette's made in clay... attached to a timber screen. You can easily tell which element belongs to who in this design!
To make the climber element;
I first designed the layout onto a template, actual size. Then I twisted two lengths of barb wire together and twisted this onto a plain wire and attached my clay leaves and foliage randomly. In the meantime Glen constructed the timber screen on site, installation day saw many spectators looking on in curiousity as we secured it into place. The final touches were made with placement of the rosesette's.

1 comment:

  1. K&G Great to see you bringing your creativity together in this way - may it create a new way of looking at and creating gardens. B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!