Saturday, March 7, 2015

Taste of Art exhibition - Noosa Regional Gallery

The time lapse between my posts is seemingly getting wider and wider! Hope you are all well and happy J

I have been quietly working away in the shadows on a few projects which, unfortunately remain confidential at the moment so I am unable to share any juicy goss.  However, I have an artwork hanging in Noosa Regional Gallery for the Friends Noosa Regional Gallery's fourth group show Taste of Art, showcasing an array of rich and diverse local creatives responding to the theme Reflections - on display until Sunday 22 March 2015.


My exhibiting piece entitled Resilient II and pictured above may look familiar to some - it is the reverse sister to Resilient I featured in Living Change, Flying Arts Alliance Inc touring exhibition of the 2013 Queensland Regional Art Awards.  When creating the artwork the positive impression (cut) ended up being just as effective as the negative impression, so I created two artworks from the one cut.  For those of you that are interested in process... I discovered a great resource on my travels, a machine that cuts through corrugated iron (and thickened steel, marble etc) with great precision and of course by skill of the operator Steve, a man of great efficiency from Caloundra Waterjet Cutting.


Above, a detailed photograph water jet cutting the corrugated iron, and full view of the machine below, as you can see, this is a serious piece of equipment! 


6 comments:

  1. Hi K - glad to see you working on the exhibitions; and love the photos of the water jet cutter in action. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B, thanks for dropping by. It's great to have action shots to look back on :-)

      Delete
  2. for a minute there I thought you had your own hand held tool to do the job! Setting up the machine must be a bit tricky for the operator.. I guess you give them a drawing to work to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a fair amount of working with the design and then more adjusting in the computer program before the final cut - surprisingly it is a lengthy process

      Delete
  3. Wow - Kim - I looked at that photo and held my breath for you - such a huge piece of equipment - sign of the times for those of us that want to paint/work outside the square!! Such fantastic work from it - I feel like I am mushroom will have to go and log onto the Noosa Gallery news letter to keep abreast of these things!! Hope it went well??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is a sign of the times Wyn - although I do like working outside the square - it's great fun! It's not hard to feel like a mushroom these days there are so many things going on around us, it makes it hard to keep up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!