Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Post Festival

Well I can certainly say that this year had to be the biggest Medieval Festival on record! We had a few odd showers of rain, not enough to dampen the mood of the crowds, if anything it added an ambience to the day.

I didn't really have chance to get away from my stall for long to take alot of photographs however I managed to get in a few around me in the market place....


Hand carved wooden Chess Set in the Viking encampment.


Me and my medieval pottery stall.


Fair ladies stop by,


Furs and more furs, Jack the Medieval Furrier's stall.


Ladies Felting demonstrations.


Flaming Gargoyle Pottery by Alexander de Vos.


The Hurdy Gurdy girls delight us with their tunes.


Paul Dolphin (aca Rowan) and Lesley Porter (aca Fern), the Wandering Welsh Weavers of the 12th Century stop by for a chat.


And lookie here, a familar face in the crowd, good buddy Jo Murray stops for a chin wag and photo.  A must see more awesome medieval photographs taken by Jo on her blog


And fellow friend Vicki calls in to say hi.

As always, its a trill to be involved in such an exciting, action packed, successful event - the Abbey Musuem's Medieval Festival is going from strength to strength each and every year!

9 comments:

  1. I'll just have to dress up next year Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, do Jo! Its amazing how many visitors do dress up for the occassion.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are having a well-deserved rest - you must be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I see you have 2 [maybe more] medieval dresses, Kim. What a great time, and a great chance for people to dress up and go a bit crazy for a day or 2 - must be quite cathartic N XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noela, I had another dress made for this year, it felt fresher and such a pretty blue :-) Even though it has become physically draining wth all the prep etc., it is very cathartic and a chance to let my hair down.

      Delete
  4. It looked like a fantastic event.
    You look beautiful in your medieval dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it every year, its like my day out! Thanks for the compliment :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks Brian and for visiting my blog and the link!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!