Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'd Rather Be Surfing!

I can say this piece is pure indulgence!  (Of course I have made some really safe and nice pieces for the exhibition Domestic Duties - it would be silly of me not to).   However!  As time has been getting closer to set-up and with most of the works completed - the temptation to throw caution to the wind and wildly express myself has filtered through and instead of allowing logic to dampen all the fun I have just let my hair down to play and be free ...

The surfboard "I'd Rather be Surfing!" piece - old wax still covers the surface just perfect for some graffiti.



6 comments:

  1. I'd rather be surfing too--this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula & Deborah, thanks for stopping by and commenting :-)

    Hi Jo, yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K-the thick dirty wax provides a great opportunity to carve out messages - very good background piece for the exhibition. Hope it is all going well. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B, I plan to put it outside the gallery to draw attention of passing traffic - I'm sure it'll catch the eye!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!